The ConVertor+ the easiest way to control analog synths with your own instrument.
As a successor to the ConVertor, the ConVertor+ is also a 9V, semi-modular, analog, audio controlled synthesizer.
Unlike its predecessor, it doesn’t have the “Minimum freq” knob of the input filter but rather a GATE threshold control to help the user with keeping noises away from its output. It also replaced its HPF to a 2 way switch between 4 pole and 2 pole filters for either a stronger fundamental emphasis or a regular, quicker emphasis. The ENV level is also scaled up by 3 dB to allow for a louder output.
With our revolutionary Audio Controlled Oscillator, the ConVertor is capable of synthesizing a square and a sawtooth waveforms as well as extracting the pitch, envelope, gate and trigger CV signals from analog audio input.
The ConVertor’s main audio input can receive audio at line level, instrument level and even dynamic microphones with a clean preamp gain of +40db range. To capture the pitch of the audio better, there are two filters which can be used in cases help with pitch detection is needed: a switchable 2 pole HPF and our brand new patent pending auto-adjusting filter. The ENV is generated via an ENV follower on the main input and the 2nd ENV follower on the "side-chain" input separately if you wish for more control over the level behavior of the synth. Two 4 character LED meters will reflect the input level of the main audio input and the side-chain input separately. The envelope amount knob can dial between fully following the input envelope through "no envelope" in the middle position and even reverse the envelope by dialing the knob to the left.
The ConVertor will play square and sawtooth waves together which the user can blend continuously via the WAVE mix knob. Two knobs can control the harmony interval of the synth within a 5 octave range on a just tuning scale. Octave CV and Harmony CV inputs duplicate the knob’s functions but enable the user to arpeggiate the synth from any external CV source like an analog sequencer or an LFO. All CV outputs are accommodated via 2 stereo minijacks and a thru jack duplicates the input for further chaining of other audio controlled synths and simply for recording direct instrument.
- One ACO
- Extracts gate, pitch, envelope and trigger CV signals from a monophonic audio input
- Plays internal analog synth with both square and sawtooth waves along with the input
- Input HPF and an auto-adjusting filter are used to pinpoint the fundamental frequency
- Powerful Input preamp with clean 40dB range
- Envelope follower with continuous control from positive to reverse shape
- Side chain minijack input can feed the second ENV follower for alternative ENV path
- 2 thru jacks duplicate the main input and side-chain input for unlimited daisy chaining
- 9V battery operation or standard 9V pedal supply
- Dual level meters for main input and side chain input
Explore our other synthesizers
We offer two other awesome products