The ConVertor+ has the cutting edge technology to control analog synths with your own instrument.
Its internal sound engine is completely analog and it works on a standard 9V power. it can “learn” the frequency of a monophonic analog audio input while playing analog synth waves and CV outputs of pitch, ENV, gate and trigger CV outputs. Unlike other analog VCO’s, the ACO never looses tune, has 8 octaves range of detection and has 5-12 micro-seconds reaction time.
The ConVertor+ is a new version of the ConVertor synth and several improvements have been implemented in it.
In stock now! Or if you are located in the US you can order the ConVertor+ now on Amazon!
With our revolutionary Audio Controlled Oscillator, the ConVertor is capable of synthesizing two wave forms as well as extracting the pitch, envelope, gate and trigger CV signals from analog audio input.
The ConVertor’s main audio input can receive audio at line level, instrument level and even dynamic microphones with a clean preamp gain of +40db range. To capture the pitch of the audio better, we invented an auto-tracking filter which can work fastest at 2 pole for regular fundamental emphasis (about +7dB boost) or even stronger at 4 pole (12 dB boost) so pitch tracking is greatly improved over existing analog solutions. The ENV is generated via an ENV follower on the main input with reversible ENV CV output. There is also a 2nd ENV follower on the "side-chain" input if you want another way of controling the ENV behavior of the synth. Two 4 character LED meters will reflect the input level of the main audio input and the side-chain input separately. The envelope amount knob can dial between fully following the input envelope through "no envelope" in the middle position and even reverse the envelope by dialing the knob to the left.
The ConVertor will play square and sawtooth waves together which the user can blend continuously via the WAVE mix knob. Two knobs can control the harmony interval of the synth within a 5 octave range on a just tuning scale. Octave CV and Harmony CV inputs duplicate the knob’s functions but enable the user to arpeggiate the synth from any external CV source like an analog sequencer or an LFO. All CV outputs are accommodated via 2 stereo minijacks and a thru jack duplicates the input for further chaining of other audio controlled synths and simply for recording direct instrument.
- Single ACO audio controlled synthesizer
- Extracts gate, pitch, envelope and trigger CV signals from a single audio input
- Plays internal analog synth with both square and sawtooth waves along with the input
- Input auto-adjusting filter can work in 2 pole (faster) or 4 pole (tighter)
- Powerful Input preamp with clean 40dB range
- Envelope follower with continuous control from positive to reverse shape
- Side chain minijack input can feed the second ENV follower for alternative ENV path
- 2 thru jacks duplicate the main input and side-chain input for unlimited daisy chaining
- 9V battery operation or standard 9V pedal supply
- Dual level meters for main input and side chain input
- Input auto-filter is assignable to the output where it’s audible
- Robust 2mm aluminum casing
Explore our other synthesizers
We offer two other awesome products