E1 Duo Pack
As we join one or more ConVertor E1‘s with the MIDVertor E1 we get much more than the sum of those parts. Pitch tracking at its finest, human control, and features with digital communication far into the future. Shipped together pre-mounted on a unifying plate, pre-patched with the 4-pin header connection, and pre-configured, they act just like a single “super-synth-channel”, ready to plug and play.
United by our 4-pin header digital connection, those two Eurorack modules make up the ultimate synth channel. Convert anything from audio to PITCH, ENV & GATE CV's, 1V/octave pitch output and a 1V/octave pitch input, Sustain to freeze pitch and/or other functions, expression pedal input can be automatically switched to expression function. Internal DCO can work as Audio Controlled Oscillator/VCO+preamp mode. Connect any number up to 7 units to add polyphonic operation, Parallel Audio to merge MIDI (MIDI 2.0 ready), audio to MIDI conversion, via ultra-fast custom firmware. compression and optional full synth voice with presets. Switchable to work in VCO mode where the pitch will be controlled from either 1V/oct pitch CV in while preamp stays independent with the ENV extraction.
4 pin header cable, pre-patched, MIDI to up to 6 VCO's, and CV's polyphony combinations are possible via Sonicsmith bus high speed, bi-directional control, and modulations. Preset recall & modulations for up to 6 parallel ConVertor E1's at once. Sustain/expression pedal input auto-sensing input adds sustain to gate CV or expression pedal to CV function. Sustain pedal to freeze pitch, expression to DCF as standard routing. Open-source firmware to encourage DIY programmers at C+ to make their own routing and configuration preset. Auto-sensing and switching to whichever pedal kind is connected to the pedal input. SD card for future and optional firmware updates. Easy flashing of all firmware via mini USB connection. That means one MIDVertor can flash all connected ConVertor E1's firmware, conveniently with one connection, so there is no need to disassemble the panels off to access flashcard individual Connected devices. One MIDVertor E1 can force firmware update to all it's possible 7 digital connections to additional E1 units.
Optional expansions options both in hardware and in software expected to ship around April 2021 like adding up to 7 ConVertor E1's to one MIDVertor E1 for polyphonic options and MIDI merging. Firmware 1.x is included and will get a lifetime of updates within the 1.x series of the firmware. Firmware in the 2.x series can be purchased to upgrade the internal sound engine to include full synth voice features like a sub voice, PWM, 3 LFO's, VCF, and many future enhancements with the same lifetime updates in the 2.x future. Firmware is updatable via SD card or remotely from a centralized MIDVertor E1. MIDVertor's firmware and the "Sonicsmith bus" UART 4-pin communication is open-source to invite the C++ community to customize or make up their own firmware to the MIDVertor hardware. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for specifications.
- Studio-grade preamp, with +50dB auto-gain and analog compression
- Audio-to-CV PITCH, ENV & GATE with FM 1V/oct CV input
- Audio-to-MIDI with custom MIDI behavior (MIDI 2.0 ready)
- Internal DCO can work as VCO while preamp stays independent, retaining ENV extraction
- MIDVertor main-frame can connect to up to 7 E1 modules for polyphonic groups
- MIDI-to-CV and the internal DCO’s of up to 7 ConVertor modules in parallel
- Preset recall for up to 7 parallel ConVertor E1’s at once
- Sustain pedal to freeze pitch, expression to DCF as standard
- Auto-sensing and switching to whichever pedal kind is connected (SUS/EXP)
- SD card for future updates or upgrades
- Optional Firm 2.0 upgrade will enhance both modules to operate as a full synth voice
- MIDVertor E1 tweakable DIY via its open-source code
- 6 HP width (3.5 cm) with 4.3 mm depth for each of the modules
- 12V Eurorack powered draws around 100mA-150mA
- Reverse power protected,
- Audio input with auto-gain-limiter and auto compression/expassion
- DC protected audio input
Explore our other synthesizers
We offer two other awesome products