Modular digital expansion module / musical mainframe.
This 6HP Module can digitally translate data between a ConVertor E1’s pitch, ENV & gate, turning them into MIDI commands while adding a few functions of its own. It can enhance the performance of up to 7 ConVertor E1’s by adding a sustain pedal to freeze pitch & ENV or other parameters, remote preset switching, synced arpeggio, updating firmware from USB connection and more.
Pre-order open for production batch delivery Q3 2023.
Translating a ConVertor E1's pitch, ENV, gate, and giving you MIDI output. Up to 6 parallel ConVertor E1's can be connected at one time for remote preset switching, arpeggio, sustain pedal, and polyphonic operation. via our newly developed, parallel high-speed, "Sonicsmith bus" which runs on a 4-pin header connection. the ConVertor E1 can connect to the corresponding bay in the MIDVertor E1 and become a remotely-controlled single voice or grouped together with other connected ConVetor E1's for a larger, more capable system. The digital pitch stream on the Sonicsmith bus is 16-bit so is MIDI 2.0 ready. Tailored from the ground up for the ultimate in efficiency, speed and stability. High attention to detail makes this a professional musician tool that performs functions of a few modules right out of the box saved/recalled from presets for a "plug and play" live performance/expansive studio sessions. With digital output MIDI and sustain pedal expansion options via the MIDVertor E1 module sold separately or added to the cart for our 5%-10%-15% discount with every additional module.
After connecting the 4-pin header connection, the MIDVertor auto-detects which device is connected to either of its 6 "Sonicsmith bus" connections. Immediately offering MIDI output from the audio input of the ConVertor. Arpeggiation to any connected ConVertor E1 is also available and will be arpeggiate the MIDI out as well as arpeggiate the ConVertor E1 SYNTH outputs. When more than 1 ConVertor E1 is connected at one time, the user can split the ConVertor E1's into groups that will unify their operation regarding preset switching, sustain/expression pedal modulation, arpeggio and more. More E1 series modules maybe coming in near future for shared presets/routing.
The MIDVertor is an open source code device that invites DIY programmers to tailor a custom Firmware if more or fewer features are desired. Also, its device mini USB connection can help with preset management and firmware updates remotely to one or more ConVertor E1's at once, saving time with polyphonic group updates.
- Perfectly reflecting the ConVertor E1’s audio input via MIDI control out to digital synths monophonically or parallel poly-group
- Fastest, most accurate, audio-to-MIDI translator to date with 16-bit pitch word that is MIDI 2.0 ready
- Sustain pedal input that will be reflected in the MIDI out and back to a ConVertor for pitch freeze
- MIDI behavior tweaking incl. MIDI channel out, pitch-bend range, velocity response, and ENV output via CC or after-touch commands
- Arpeggiator can arpeggiate any ConVertor synth engine and MIDI outputs with preset MIDI patterns
- Digital 4-pin connection to a ConVertor E1 to enable MIDI in/out, sustain pedal, arpeggiation, and sync expansion option
- Sonicsmith bus can remotely update firmware and switch presets to any connected ConVertor E1’s
- Extremely high speed micro-controller can accept up to 7 Sonicsmith bus in parallel
- Open-source firmware, DIY make your own firmware or tweak existing features
Explore our other synthesizers
We offer two other awesome products